Due to the digital revolution, every business needs to evolve itself in order to get more customers. To grow in the digital world, Search Engine Optimization is important. If search engine Optimization techniques are correctly implemented, it will surely generate more traffic and increase conversion rates to the website. There are two types of SEO: On-Page SEO and Off-Page SEO. In this article, we have discussed 22 On-Page SEO Techniques to improve the ranking of the website.
On-page SEO Techniques:
On-Page SEO techniques are the activities done on the web pages of any website to improve ranking on the SERP (Search Engine Result Page).
Off-Page SEO Technique:
Off Page SEO Techniques are the activities done on someone else website to improve the ranking of one’s website . This also increases the ranking on the search engine result page (SERP).
Here we have discussed all the important On-page SEO tips to increase our website traffic:
In this article we have discussed all the important tips to grow our website:
Optimize Page Titles:
Titles are very important for ranking well on Google’s SERP (Search Engine Result Page) as title tags helps Search Engine and readers to understand the content of the page.
In a crowded SERP (Search Engine Result Page) a perfectly optimized SEO will help you to gain more visibility on the SERP, maximizing the number of clicks from the search engines.
Benefits of Optimized Page titles:
- Optimized page titles help to improve the page’s visibility on the search engine result page.
- It helps to increase the CTR of the website.
Optimize Meta Descriptions:
Meta Description describes and summarizes the content of the page for the benefit of users and search engines. Meta description tags can have a significant impact on the On-Page Search Engine efforts, as a compelling Meta Description has the power to increase the click through rate of organic search results.
Benefits of the optimized Meta Descriptions:
- Optimized Meta descriptions help to increase Click-through-rates.
- It also increases the search engine result page ranking.
In SEO, along with the text part, images are also one of the major components. Images for SEO are important as they help to improve the user experience and ranking of the website on Google. Reliable images in the content helps a reader to better understand and also engages them to the text.
Benefits of the Images:
- Adding images makes the content more memorable.
- Images add colors and vibrancy to the content.
- Images improve search engine optimization result.
URL stands for Uniform Resource Locator. URL is an on-page SEO technique as keywords in the URL are the ranking factors as well as search engines always read the URL to get the clue for the content of the page.
Benefits of URL Optimization:
- URL Optimization helps to increase website speed.
- It helps to increase the brand awareness.
- Optimized URL helps to increase the search engine rankings.
Blog comments mainly refer to the comments visible at the bottom of the blog posts. These comments can be in any form like: Blog related queries, Blog appreciation or answers by the blog author to various queries raised by the readers.Commenting leads to build a relationship between the user and the author. Moreover through comments, there will be a lot of backlinks and traffic on the website.
Benefits of the Comments:
- Comments allow direct interaction with the audience.
- Blog comments help to build authority.
Mobile friendliness is vital for SEO.Reader searching with a mobile device never waits for a website to load. In mobile friendly website, the text is easy to read, easy to navigate, and it’s easy for someone to find what they are looking for.
Benefits of Mobile Friendliness website:
- Mobile-friendly websites improve mobile conversion rates.
- It also improves UX.
“Good content isn’t about good storytelling.
It’s about telling a true story well.”
Along with the time, search engines are improving their algorithms and surely they are not going to rank the website on the top of the search engines, if the content is badly written or plagiarized.
So, the content on website must be unique and engaging, original published.
Benefits of High-quality content:
- High quality content generates more and better leads.
- It also increases conversion.
- High quality content builds brand awareness.
Internal linking simply means adding link from one page to another page of the same website.
Internal linking is essential for various search engines. Search engines follow links to discover content on the websites and to rank the content on the top of the search engines.
Benefits of Internal links:
- Internal linking increases page views.
- It improves page rank.
- It helps to increase user time on the site.
An external link is another on page SEO technique. It is a backlink that points from one domain to another domain by simply clicking on the link.
External linking plays a crucial role in increasing the website ranking. Adding external links to the website helps to increase the domain authority.
Benefits of adding external links:
- External linking increases credibility.
- External linking is a great way to create connections.
For a good SEO, keywords still matter. Keywords are one of the main elements of SEO. Keywords are the phrases that make it possible for the people to find the website easily on search engines. Using keywords properly helps in communication with the search engines. Keywords tell what a webpage is all about and it also helps to increase the ranking on Search Engine Result Page.
Benefits of using relevant keywords:
- Using relevant keywords helps to increase search engine rankings.
- Relevant keywords improve Click-through-rate.
Updating old content and existing pages is another great strategy to improve the performance of the site on search engine. Updating content helps to increase traffic on the website. It also allows author to bring the up to date content with the latest developments and changed rules which is also a great way to increase the click-through rate.
Benefits of Updating content:
- Updated content results in ranking.
- Fresh content helps to increase authority.
- Updated content increase Click-through-rate.
Use LSI keywords:
LSI keywords stand for “Latent Semantic Indexing” keywords. Past away, marketers were obsessed with a single keyword for good ranking on the SERP (Search Engine Result page). Then Tech-savvy people found so many unique and different ways of searching for common issues, this is precisely the reason why LSI keywords have become such a large part of search engine ranking factor. By using LSI keywords in the content, the author will be able to improve the search visibility.
Benefits of using LSI keywords:
- LSI keywords improve the content relevance.
- LSI keywords increase the number of people who find your content.
Consistent article publishing is the heart of successful content marketing. Consistent publishing remains an unparalled way to drive traffic on the website. Blogging also provides a great opportunity for various brands to establish a voice that customers can recognize, relate to, and trust.
Benefits of Publishing Consistently:
- Publishing consistently helps to build authority.
- Publishing consistently page will be indexed more often.
Page speed is mainly a measurement of how fast the content on your page loads. Website speed has a significant impact on the user experience and search engine rankings. If the webpage does not load quickly, visitors will likely to leave rather wait for it to load, and a search engine will penalize the website ranking if it performs badly.
Benefits of Website speed:
- Good website speed provides good UX.
- Website speeds also helps to improve the search engine ranking.
Choosing the right keywords and placing them strategically is a necessary element for the SEO. A relevant keyword must be used and only placed where ever it is necessary. Keyword must not be used haphazardly and everywhere just to get the ranking on search result page. This will only drag your webpage to black-hat SEO methods. So use right keyword at the right place.
Benefits of Keyword placement:
- Keyword placement improves the search engine rankings.
- Content with the right keyword placement makes the visitor to stay.
Don’t overuse keywords:
Everyone wants higher ranking on the search engines. But using shortcuts and black hat strategies like: keyword stuffing won’t help anyone. Keyword stuffing means unnecessary placement of target keyword on a webpage in the hope of higher ranking on the search engine result page (SERP).
Don’t overuse keywords:
- Keyword stuffing hurts the search engine ranking.
- Keyword stuffing creates an awful experience for the users.
Text formatting is important for On-page SEO. If the text on the website if clearly structured, there is a chance to rank high on the search engines. You can format the text in various ways like: by adding headlines, bullets/numbers list, shorter sentences, links and many more.
Benefits of Text Formatting:
- Text Formatting helps to improve the search engine result page.
- It provides better user experience.
The search engine’s top ten results are now dominated by articles of 2,000 words or more because these articles are more popular as they tend to provide more information, and mainly appear to be more useful and relevant.
Longer blog posts are more likely lead to have social shares. So, for the viral content, an author should aim for longer posts of at least 2,000 words.
Benefits of good content length.
- Longer content mainly gets more social shares.
- Detailed content gets more backlinks.
- Larger the content more will be the keywords
Good user experience:
Earlier, it was easy to rank the website through back linking and keyword stuffing. But now, various search engines are shifting their focus to human experience. Good user experience help’s websites ranking well on the search engine result page (SERP).
Benefits of Good User Experience:
- Good user experience increases customer engagement and retention.
- User experience helps in increasing productivity.
Adding videos is the great way to improve SEO strategy. Websites displaying video content is more likely to rank on the top of the Google’s search result.
If used correctly, video can act as a great form of content and make a contribution to the overall SEO strategy.
Benefits of Adding Videos:
- Video drives more traffic on the blog.
- Adding videos provide better UX.
- Videos also increase conversions.
Site map is an on-page activity that not only crucial for search engines but also for the users searching for a specific page on the website. A sitemap mainly acts as a road map of the website that enables the search engines to instantly locate all the significant pages whether the website has any internal linking structure or not.
Benefits of using Sitemaps:
- Sitemaps increase the search engine visibility.
- Sitemaps highlight the website’s purpose.
One of the latest SEO tactics is schema markup. This form of SEO Technique is very powerful but it is least-utilized. Schema markup is a structured data that helps search engines to better understand the information about the website in order to provide the better results.
Benefits of Adding Schema:
- Adding schema markup improves your ranking position.
- Schema markup improves brand presence with full information graph.
“If you’re going to post content on your site anyway,
You might as well take the time to make sure Google takes notice of your effort.”
Hope you find the article informative and learn the 22 On-Page SEO Techniques that can help to double your search traffic.
If you have any queries related to this blog post, please feel free to ask in the comment section.